Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Monday, 03.25.13

Do everything calmly and peacefully. Do as much as you can as well as you can. Strive to see God in all things without exception, and consent to His will joyously. Do everything for God, uniting yourself to him in word and deed. Walk very simply with the Cross of the Lord and be at peace with yourself.
- St. Francis de Sales

"The Lord is my light and my salvation.
Though an army encamp against me,
my heart will not fear;
Though war be waged upon me,
even then will I trust."

- PS 27:1, 2, 3, 13-14

"Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live."
- Robert Southwell, SJ


I have been thinking about what it means to be unflappable lately. How could I actually become this calm fortress that will not lash back or cower or sink low or lose sight of my goals? Yes, I will slip; we all will. But how can I become a better friend, teacher, daughter, and twenty-something adult? I want to feel at peace and be less like a reed in the wind, bending to the moods of my students and the challenges and pitfalls of my days. I feel as though I feel strongest when God is with me and when I specifically hand over my needs to him. Allow me to be pliant to You, Lord, so that You can shape me into someone strong to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment