Monday, March 4, 2013

Monday, 03.04.13

Send forth your light and your fidelity;
they shall lead me on
And bring me to your holy mountain,
to your dwelling-place.
- Ps. 42-43


Though I chose to quote today's psalm, which I found to be peaceful and soothing, I found the gospel also quite moving. Like Elisha and Jesus, I at times feel quite misunderstood, as though my motives are not seen by others, my actions misinterpreted, my words twisted. These things happen unintentionally most of the time (and the worst, intentionally at others), but at the heart of it is a disability to get beyond one's own point of view. I love literature precisely because it forces me to think about others and their motivations, points of view, difficulties, and ways of thinking. Just as others seem to misunderstand me, so I misunderstand them. Let me try to remove my self-interest, biases, and preconceptions so that I may form loving, supporting relationships with others. Please also help me to see Your hand in my life with grace and goodwill, rather than suspicion and resentment when things are not going my way. Let me know that You are here and on my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment