Sunday, March 10, 2013

Thursday and Friday 03.07-08.13

Every kingdom divided against itself will be laid waste
and house will fall against house.

- Luke 11:14-23


Lord, You are my inspiration and the example by which I desire to lead my life. Please give me the strength and courage to actively and fearlessly love those around me in a way that Your light would shine through me. Help me to have a spirit of service and dedication to Your work here in earth. Amen

- Georgetown Lenten Reflection

Fall in love with God and embrace, with gratitude, everything that you have been given. Practice loving him by engaging in quiet contemplation and prayer. Stay in love with God by serving him absolutely.

- Georgetown Lenten Reflection (Elizabeth Arsenault)

I feel touched by the Thursday and Friday readings in the sense that they seem to communicate powerfully with one another--and me. I think the perhaps initially harsh seeming message of God for His people to actually follow Him can inspire hope. Does not God know that we need a loud, commanding voice at times to shake us, prompt us, move us? The readings gracefully and mightily point out our laziness and stubbornness as we tune out a clear message to love. Love, love, love--words that now seem trite, cliche, and empty in their commonness. God's promise of absolute, unwavering, unmatched love is hard to hear, see, and understand. We want proof, we want examples, we want sure knowledge, we want first-hand experience of that which we believe in. Yet, God's love cannot be exactly recreated in any human relationship and our imaginations struggle to process and believe in His kind of love.

Let me seek You out, Lord, in the ways I try to love others and in those glimpses of Your love that others have shown to me. Bring me and mine peace this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment