Sunday, March 10, 2013

Saturday 03.09.13

He will come to us like the rain.

- Hos. 6:1-6

My sacrifice, O God, is a contrite spirit

- Ps. 51:3-4, 18-19, 20-21AB

For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled,
and the one who humbles himself will be exalted.

- Lk. 18:9-14


Humility is hard for me to master. I am too self-critical while also being too self-righteous. I think that my pride does sneak in, without me noticing, as I try to process information, confront my conscience, and examine the complexity of my motivations and my weaknesses. The gospel, therefore, is highly relevant to me and my life. It also achieves a paradox of simplicity in its message: God makes loving Him sound easy--perhaps too easy. We are told that we do not need to accomplish great things nor give things we are not capable of; we merely need to lower our guards and our self-centric mentalities to focus on Him and let Him into our hearts. God, strengthen the part of me that follows You and engender humility in my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment