Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tuesday 03.12.13

Ezekiel's story today at first bored me a little bit; it was long and contained what seemed be superfluous details. As I continued to read, however, I could visualize the river that wound across the land, the hope and life that sprung forth in its midst. I associate life with God, and the visual is a powerful one for me. I find myself picturing my beloved Potomac, with its rich banks and sights that I love on either side. Rivers are powerful for they transport people and goods, they break through the land, they nourish the land, and they provide a foundation as people navigate the land. In short, they connect and rejuvenate people.

Sometimes when I feel most alone, I am comforted because God brings someone into my life or back into my life. I do not doubt that He has blessed me with people to love and care for that have in turn done the same for me. Even when I feel cut off and alone, Lord, keep my eyes on Your grace and the power of Your love, that brings new life and love to all it touches.

No comments:

Post a Comment