Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thursday, 02.28.13

Cursed is the man who trusts in human beings,
who seeks his strength in flesh,
whose heart turns away from the LORD.
- Jer. 17:5-10


Reflecting on today's reading, I'm not sure if I am taking this quote too far from its original meaning. My first thought immediately went to my emotional state this year and struggling to work so much but not be too emotionally invested in my work. When I reflect on seeking and trusting "human beings" and "flesh" rather than the Lord, it makes me turn inwards to look at my own battle to learn how to teach. It's incredibly difficult to define one's self-worth in turbulent times, and some of my most soothing times this year have been when I pause to say, "I can't do this on my own- I need help."

Temper my self-righteousness, frustrations, arrogance, and inability to see the bigger picture by engendering humility in me, Lord. Make me now, more than ever, Your own.

Almost, almost, almost to the end of the week. Please bless tomorrow as being a productive, low-stress, quick day.

No comments:

Post a Comment