Friday, February 22, 2013

02.21.13

Lord, on the day I called for help, You answered me. Help me
to remember that You are my hope, that You will respond in my need, and that there is nothing that can keep Your love from Your people. Amen.

Queen Esther shows a humility that I envy in today’s reading. So often this year I have offered forth supplication to the Lord, similar to Esther—help me, renew me, strengthen me, release me. I had a really interesting conversation with my mom today that, to be honest, I was resistant to. She urged me to take control of my life by not victimizing myself merely because I have a difficult job. If I went to work each day and attributed that day to making my car payment and the next day to groceries and the next three to rent, would not my job feel purposeful and rewarding in a different way? she asked. Mom prompted me to think about all the things I love doing on the weekend and breaks and give thanks for my job which makes them possible.

I ask You, Lord, to give me a healthy trust in You while simultaneously fostering a sense of positivity and ownership for my actions. Even as I rely on You, help me to do my share of trying to better my attitude and day-to-day life too.

No comments:

Post a Comment